The VPN for iOS is called FortiClient and is available through the Apple store. Once installed follow the steps below to configure the app.
To configure the client:
- Locate and open the FortiClient app on your iOS device.
- On the next screen select "User Input" and enter the following then click "Done" in the upper right:
- Name - Your First and Last Name
- Email - Your EMU email address
- Phone - Your Phone Number (can be your office or cell phone) with a 1 in front
- Next you will see a screen with your name. Tap on the blue "Next" button.
- Now you will be prompted by a pop-up that says "FortiClient" Would like to Add VPN Configurations". Tap on Allow and unlock your phone.
- You will then be brought to a screen that has Zero Trust Telemetry at the top. Tap on Specify IP. On the next screen enter forticlient-ems.emu.edu for the Host and tap on "Done" at the top right.
- Next tap on the toggle beside Zero Trust Telemetry Connection and the message at the top of the screen should change from "unlicensed" to "Centrally Managed by EMS" with a SN# underneath.
- NOTE: if the app doesn't update try close and reopening the app
- Now tap on the VPN icon at the bottom of the screen and then tap on "select connection". Under "Corporate VPN Gateway" select "EMU VPN" and then tap on the VPN icon at the bottom of the screen.
When connecting you will be prompted to enter you EMU username and password and use Multi-Factor Authentication.